We exist as a prophetic Christ-centered community committed to wholeheartedly worshiping God, loving one another, and creatively expressing God's love, justice and mercy to the poor and lost by the power of the Holy Spirit.
What Is The Fortress?
We are a Church... a community... a family.
The Fortress Fellowship is a "mission church" ... a church with a mission. We are committed to the specific mission of laying down our lives to see our inner city community raised up by the transforming power and love of God. We are a community building community... a family building family.
The Fortress Fellowship Goals
- To love God with all our heart soul and mind and our neighbors as our self.;
- To create and maintain a place that attracts the Lord through these virtues - humility, holiness, worship, ministry to the poor, prayer, faith and unity.
- To restore our neighborhood to wholeness in Christ Jesus ... body, soul and spirit.
- To make disciples who will follow Jesus through serving the poor and the lost.
- To build and restore family and facilitate Godly relationships through spiritual parenting and raising and up the next generation in ways of the Lord.
- To raise up people of Christ-like character who function in the gifts and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- To worship the Lord in Spirit and truth with all passion, devotion and creativity.
- To be a prophetic voice of the Lord’s reformation and restoration in our times.
What We Believe
1. Scripture - We believe that the Bible is God inspired, infallible, and it is our ultimate authority. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
2. God – We believe in the eternal God head Who has revealed Himself as one God existing as three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; distinguishable but indivisible. (2 Corinthians 13:14, Matthew 28:19)
3. Lord Jesus Christ - We believe that Jesus Christ is God incarnate fully God and fully man; that He was conceived and born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life and offered Himself as a sacrifice for sinners. By the blood He shed on the cross. He obtained for us eternal redemption, forgiveness of sins and eternal life. (Luke 1:26- 35; John 1:18, 1 John 1:9. 1 Peter 2:21-25)
4. Salvation – We believe that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us, pardoning all who believe on Him. This is a free gift from God to us. It's not something we earn or deserve but it is salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. (John 3:16, Romans 5:8, Ephesian 2:8-9, Hebrews 9:12)
5. Water Baptism - We believe in water baptism by immersion is an outward sign of the inward work of regeneration. (Matthew 28:19)
6. Baptism of the Holy Spirit - We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit as an experience that follows salvation. We believe it is given to supply the believer with power to be Christ's witnesses in the world. (Matthew 3:11, Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16, John 1:33, Acts 1: 4-8, Acts 2:4, Acts 4:31, Acts 10:44-46)
7. Communion - We believe in the commemoration of Christ's death, burial, and resurrection through the partaking of bread and grape juice that represents His body and blood offered for our salvation. (1 Corinthians 11:28 -32)
8. Gifts of the Spirit - We believe in the operation of the gifts as stated in 1 Corinthians 12 – 14 and as manifested in the early church.
9. Healing – We believe that divine healing is the power of Christ to heal the sick in answer to the prayer of faith. (James 5:14- 16)
10. Heaven - We believe that heaven is the glorious eternal home of born again believers. (John 14:1-3; Revelation 7:15-17)
11. Hell - We believe that hell is the place of eternal torment and separation from God for all who reject Christ as the Savior. (Revelation 20:10-15)
12. Eternal Life - We believe in eternal life for all believers. (John 5:24, 3:16)
13. Tithes - We believe that the method God ordained for the support of His ministry is by the giving of the tithes and freewill offerings. (2 Corinthians 8:9, 9:6-15, Malachi 3:10)
14. Church - We believe the Church is called to preach the gospel to all nations. To especially remember the poor and to minister to their needs through sacrificial service and giving. This ministry is an expression of the heart of Jesus Christ and is essential for every believer. (Isaiah 58:6 – 12, 61:1; Matthew 5:1-7; 25:31-46,28:18 -20; Luke. 4:18, 21:1-4; Galatians 2:10)
Designed By: Eye Of The River Media Design | www.eyeoftheriver.com
© Copyright 2013 Provision International | 1419 Clinton St. Nashville, TN 37203 | 615.327.1200